Frequently Asked Questions:
How can you charge what you charge? All other DJs charge so much more!
There are many reasons why we can charge what we charge:
* We don’t think you should have to go broke just to get good service! Our goal is to provide NON-STOP DANCING, ENDLESS MEMORIES WITH GREAT MUSIC AT AFFORDABLE PRICES!
* Many DJs attend bridal shows, where booths cost them usually over $600 a day. Because we do not attend bridal shows and only rely on word of mouth and free or low cost advertising, we can pass those savings onto our clients.
* We own all of our equipment, and do not have a lot of overhead costs with our business. Many DJs do not own their equipment, and must charge high prices to help pay for that equipment.
What type of event is your specialty?
Weddings are our specialty. We have done many weddings, and have a professional, organized way of making your wedding one to remember. Although we specialize in weddings, we can, and have done, almost any type of event.
Can I see my DJ perform before deciding to book them?
Please check out our video gallery of past weddings and parties. Because most of our events are private events or by initiations only such as weddings, we do not allow DJ observers to accompany us to these events. You can also rest assured that we will not invite any strangers to your special event. We recommend meeting us in person if you choose to do so. In some cases, we DJ public events, and you are more than welcome to come to these events.
Can I contact past clients of BTL DJS to ask for their opinion?
Yes, and we recommend you do. We can also provide you with email addresses of past clients upon request.
Why do I have to sign a contract?
Contracts spell out exactly what is to be expected by both parties. Contracts also commit your DJ to being at your event. Contracts are a normal and expected part of being an experienced professional. A lot of DJs who don’t use contracts seem to flake out at the last minute and leave their clients in a tough spot. By signing a legal contract, you can rest assured that there will not be any surprises from your DJ.
What if I need to cancel after signing the contract?
In the unfortunate event that your wedding or event is cancelled, please notify us at once if there is a cancellation. If you cancel within 21 days of signing contract your booking fee will be refunded. If you cancel after 21days before your event you will forfeit your booking fee.
Can BTL DJS provide music & sound for the ceremony too?
Yes, we provide music and sound quite often at weddings,
and it is included in your price if the ceremony is in the same location as the reception (Our DJs Will only set up DJ equipment in 1 location). If the ceremony is in a different room than the reception there is an additional charge for the extra equipment we would have to provide. Nothing is worse than your guests not being able to hear what the officiator says. We have a cordless microphone that your officiator can use to ensure that everybody can hear what is being said, regardless of where they are sitting.
Will my DJ take a break during the night?
No, there is no need for your DJ to take a break.
Will my guests be able to request music?
If the bride and groom say its okay, then we will gladly take requests from your guests. If the bride and groom ask there
DJ not to take requests, we will only play the music we’ve been asked to play. It’s your day, and you get to make the decisions!
Do you accept Debit and Credit Cards?
Yes we accept debit and credit cards through PayPal. Visit our payment center page on our website. We also accept cash, check, money order.
How can I make sure that BTL DJS will have all of my special songs and play them at my event?
Because we customize your event to how you want it to be, we will meet with you in person 3 to 4 weeks before your event and go over what music you want to have played for your event. The music played will be your decision. You can give us as many songs to play, and we will only play off of that list, or give us a few songs and we will fill in the rest. It’s up to you. All final musical decisions are due 7 DAYS before your event. BTL DJS will make every effort to play all requests but cannot be held responsible if specific selections are not available unless arrangements are made at least 7 DAYS beforehand to ensure their availability.
How do I book BTL DJS for my event?
A signed contract with a 20% booking fee will act as your deposit and guarantee your event date. The booking fee is non-refundable, but will be applied toward your total amount due. Your event date is not guaranteed or reserved until we confirm to you that we have received the signed contract and 20% booking fee. We can take debit/credit card thru PayPal on our website, or you can mail us a check made out to BTL DJS
10 Reasons to Feel Confident In Hiring BTL DJS
- We never forget that YOU and YOUR GUESTS are the stars of the event!
- All of our packages include a planning meeting with company owner Enrique Colon. The planning meeting (3 to 4 weeks prior to your event) is the foundation of a successful reception. In addition, we’ll call you the week of your event to check for last minute changes.
- Volume will be set to appropriate levels. We will always honor host requests to rise or lower volume as needed.
- We gladly accept music requests from your guests, both at the event and before. While we cannot guarantee all requests will be filled due to time and format constraints, we promise to try our best!
- As desired, entertainment host will be happy to announce all of the special ceremonies, including grand entrance, toasts, special dances, etc.
- We NEVER subcontract our jobs to other DJs. When you hire BTL DJ Service, you get us and only us!
- Our entertainment is “family-friendly,” with no foul lyrics or scantily clad dancers.
- If you wish, Our Entertainment Host can also run games and contests, lead your guests in participative dancing, and interact with your guests on the dance floor and in their seats.
- Our music library is huge and our professional equipment is always leading edge.